Tuesday 7 January 2014

See the Benefit (#treatyourselftuesday)

The new year is the perfect excuse for a new look and the best place to start is by giving your make up a makeover.

Being a busy mum, I'm always keen to find ways to cut down on the time I spend in front of the mirror and I've also been on the lookout for some handbag friendly make up sets so I can make sure I'm looking my best even when I've got back to back meetings.

For years now, I've been a fan of Benefit but I haven't treated myself to anything from their collection in such a long time because, quite frankly, I think they're overpriced. Sure, they have some great products, but the price tag is just too much for me and I think they get away with it because of the pretty retro packaging. This is how and why my love for Soap and Glory began - similar solutions (their Cheekmate tint knocks spots off Benetint) but all at a fraction of the cost.

Lucky for me however, Santa decided to well and truly treat me this year and I was bought not one, not two but three Benefit make up sets, plus the Fine One One sheer lip and cheek colour stick. Very lucky indeed!

 
These sets are always popular at Christmas so hubs chose a couple of different themes and my brother-in-law chose a set in a different shade. 

DO THE BRIGHT THING is a brilliant little package of Benefit's best brightening products and is great for using on the go as it includes the Dandelion blush/highlighter powder, the Bag Gal eyeliner (my personal favourite eye liner pencil out there) and the bestselling They're Real mascara. If you're going away for the weekend, all you'd need extra is your foundation and/or concealer plus eyeshadow (if you wear it) and a touch of lippie. 

FEELING DANDY is a set that's all about understated beauty. It also features the Dandelion powder, plus Posietint (a softer, peachy pink cheek colour alternative to the rosy Benetint), High Beam (a brilliant highlighter that can be used to both subtle or bold effect) and a complimentary lip gloss. This is a good choice for everyday wear or if you prefer to keep your make up simple.

SUGARLICIOUS also has a mini bottle of High Beam, plus Benetint, a richer nude lipgloss and the Sugarbomb powder, which blends together rose, peach and gold tones for a lovely glow on your cheeks. I think this perhaps works best with a tan, or dusted over some Benetint, but it's a lovely soft powder that adds a really nice shimmer that isn't glittery in the slightest.

I've always been a fan of Benefit's concealment products, including Lemon Aid, which helps reduce redness to the eye area (something I suffer with) and provides a great base for shadow and liner, and Erase Paste, which works wonders to cover up dark circles. These are two key products in the Confessions of a Concealaholic set which I'd also like to get. 

For me, the full size products cost more than I can really justify despite the fact that they do what they promise, so a great compromise is to snap up one of these sets as a little goes a long way and they'll last me a long time.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig