Saturday 15 February 2014

Plan a pirate party

If I wasn't in PR, I'd be a party planner as I simply LOVE organising surprises, parties and events for people. My latest project involves Ethan's first birthday and I shared my thoughts in this post last weekend. The theme is 'teddy bear's picnic' and I'm busy pinning things like crazy on Pinterest for inspiration.

I can't wait for Ethan to get a bit older so I can really go all out with the themed parties and fancy dress. From a circus complete with big top to pirates with parrots, I'm going to have so much fun planning the best parties for my little boy. It's like having the chance to relive my own childhood all over again - my mum never missed an opportunity to make me a costume and dress me up!

For busy mums though, having the time to plan and prepare a themed party can be really tricky. There's a lot to consider and so many different party options to choose from, it can be hard to know where to start.

Source
Luckily, I've found Perfect Party early on in my life as a mummy. They have a great section on their website dedicated to theme ideas and one of the latest additions is a guide to planning a pirate party. Complete with fancy dress, games and recipe inspiration, there's also a fab printables section so rather than having to buy all your decorations in, you can have fun making your own - or with those shipmates of yours lending a helping hand!


I have a real thing for bunting - it's a quick and impactful way to dress a room - and there's three printable designs available, free to download.



There's some great cut out decorations that you can print out to decorate a room in next to no time and to have your child's party guests shivering their timbers in delight.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've recently been inspired for a 'bee' themed 1st party. Will have to check out 'perfect party' :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love bunting as well, its such an easy way to decorate a party and make a room look fantastic! xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by pipdig