Tuesday 12 August 2014

My picks of the new prints from Cath Kidston

Anyone who knows me knows I love Cath Kidston. I get giddy with excitement whenever I visit a CK shop and can spend hours wandering round, picking things up, picturing my ideal home, and wardrobe, as I do.

I am quite in love with her spin on modern vintage and have started collecting a few pieces here and there. I try to pick different prints each time I buy something, so I have a broader, eclectic collection rather than everything matchy matchy.

Earlier this year, I had the chance to see behind the scenes a little and had a sneak preview of the new prints for Spring/Summer. Now the new season has landed and Cath Kidston is awash with seven new prints in total. Yep, seven new prints to get passionate about.


First off, I love the new London Bus print. It's bold, it's fun and it's British baby! I've always had a thing for British inspired home pieces and have a few themed prints in my dining room and kitchen plus a telephone box candle lantern which is a lot of fun, so this new print is right up my street. In particular, I'm loving the small bag design - big enough for your essentials - plus the suitcase would go nicely with the guard print one I already have. And how fab are these earphones and case?


Another stand-out print is Clocks, which is perhaps the most design with the most extensive range of products in the collection. Available in bags, stationary and a whole range of crockery and tea time pieces, Clocks is bold and fun. I like the fact that there are grey, burgundy, green and blue background variants to this design, depending on product, and I myself have the blue foldaway bag but would very much like the grey shopper pictured too.


If you're a floral fan, Kingswood Rose is a cute small spray floral design available in white/cream, red and black variants. I have the red bag featured above - it has loads of room and is a great bag if you can't travel light when you leave the house - and my next purchase very well may be the black 'busy bag'. I saw it in store and it's just the ticket.

There's also a new polkadot pattern to enjoy, if you're a fan of spots like me; this time it's called Button Spot and it's a garden green tone that is available across a variety of bag designs. What's not to love about polkadots?


There's also the Autumn Bloom print, which is a larger floral print and I really love the colours this range works with. Naturally, as you would expect from the name, the colours are autumnal in feel with hints of teal on some products. I personally love the All Day Bag and Flare Skirt pictured here - they're just beautiful.


Newsprint is another new print which only features across a few items including tablecloths and a dress. It's very different for Cath, and quite plain, which perhaps explains why it's only been used on a limited number of items.


Finally, in another bold step, Cath has introduced Stop Thief which is a lively comic book inspired print. It uses pops of primary colours and has a cops and robbers story to tell. I wasn't sure about this range at first but I do like the new messenger style change bag that comes in this design, plus the notebooks and Tupperware look a lot of fun with this design.

Which is your favourite new print? What items will you be snapping up?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig